Note: All compass directions are given as if north is always at the
top of the map. This is true for Miami, but not neccesarily true for
the other cities...
The Bank Job
- Get to the bank near the top of the map (due north from the
start point) and pick up the guys with about 10 seconds left on the
- Drop off the guys to the lockup in the southeast of the map. If
you have a tail when you reach the lockup, you'll need to get
rid of them (see Strategies).
Hide The Evidence
- Deliver a red and white car to a house at the north east corner
of the map. Make sure you aren't being tailed when you arrive.
Case For A Key
- Go and collect a briefcase from the east end of the main dual
carriage way linking the mainland and the island.
- Take the key to the quayside next to the Hard Rock Cafe, where
you exchange the briefcase for a key.
- Chase the boat to the warehouse island, and intercept it.
- Go to Ticco's house on the south west of the map to pick him
up. Look out for a small shopping mall near some computer shops
for a useful shortcut.
- Take Ticco to the house on the north west of the map, where he
carries out a hit .
The Clean Up
- Take a white car from a garage, and deliver it to another garage
in the south west corner of the map.
Tanner Meets Rufus
- Go to the north easter corner of the map to meet Rufus in a cafe.
Bust Out Jean Paul
- Pursue the police car, and ram it off the road. Don't worry if
the time runs out, you'll still complete the mission.
- Take Jean Paul to the hideout. Don't forget to loose the tail!
- Your chance to deliver the fastest car in the game. Just take it
to the small cul-de-sac just to the south east of the Hilton Hotel
(with the painted arch on it) at the north east corner of the map. Try
not to hit anything, because the car gets damaged very easily.
- Drive around to five restaurants and smash through the
windows. Each restaurant smashed will give you an extra 6 seconds, but
time is still limited.
Bait For A Trap
- Drive up to the residential area at the north east corner of the
map to find your target, and get his interest by ramming into
- Go over one of the humpbacked bridges and drive to the garage
with two entrances at the southern part of the island.
Take Out Di'Angio's Car
- Chase Di'Angio's Car and ram him until he stops.
A Shipment's Coming In
- Drive to the warehouse island, and go the south eastern corner to pick up a shipment of guns.
- Get them back to the lockup. Loose the tail if you have one.
- Chase the elevated train to the station. You have to be very
quick to get on it's tail, but if you know the route it takes, there
are some shortcuts available.
- Try going straight over at the first junction, instead of
turning right. You can turn right futher along the road.
- You won't 'lose your target' provided you stay within one block
of the train.
- If you turn right at the first junction, when you turn left at
the next, drive up the left hand side of the dual carriageway to avoid
the oncoming police car.
- Don't forget that it is raining, so give yourself plenty of room
- Save time by cutting between the post and the building when
turning right at the first junction.
- If you can't see the train or the arrow, use the map to check
the target position.
The Casino Job
- Get to the casino to the north east of the starting position,
and pick up the guys with about 10 seconds left on the clock.
- Drop the guys off in the warehouse district to the south east of
the map. The entrance to the area you need to get it is on round the
back of the building. Don't forget to loose the tail if you have
- Go and meet a bald guy in a cafe near Russian Hill via several
other places on the map.
- Pick up a briefcase from a contact on the other side of the
Golden Gate bridge.
- Deliver the briefcase back to the bald guy at the cafe.
Guns In The Trunk
- Go to fishermans wharf to the east of your starting position, to
pick up some guns.
- Deliver the guns to the warehouse district in the south east
corner of the map. Beware of being chased by an unmarked saloon
Visit To The Mall
- Pick up the guys from the shopping mall to the north east of
your starting position.
- Drop them off at the warehouse in the south eastern corner of
the map. Don't forget to loose the tail!
- Simple. Scare the passenger until the 'Freakometer' hits the end
of the scale!. Try reversing fast, running over things, hitting other
In The Pickup
- Deliver the crate of explosives to the alleyway to the north
west of your starting position. Watch out you don't blow up the crate
and lose the tail at the end, if you have one.
Cosy To The Chopper
- Pick up Cosy from just round the corner from where you start.
- Take Cosy to the waiting chopper at the north west corner of the
map. Don't worry if you have a tail, Cosy will get out anyway!
The Chinatown Pickup
- Pick up the guys from the job in Chinatown in the north east
corner of the map.
- Take the guys to The Crib to the west of where you pick them up.
The Mercy Mission
- Drive from phonebox to phonebox in the limited time to save
Mojo. Ignore the police - just make sure you answer the phone!
- The name of mission gives it away, but go to the main
multistorey car part in the middle of the city.
- When you arrive, you'll realise its a set up, so drive as
quickly as possible back to the start position.
The Hyde Street Pickup
- Drive to the end of the tram line and wait for the tram to
- When you associate gets off the train and into your car, get him
to the drop off point as quick as possible. Watch out for the two
police cars which will be immediately on your tail!
Tanner And Slater
- Simply chase Slater's car and ram into him till he stops. Then
you're on your way to L.A.
Steal A Cop Car
- You have 2 minutes, 45 seconds to deliver a police car to the drop off point at the eastern side of the map. Make sure you don't have a tail when you get there.
- Don't forget to try out the lights and siren (R1)...
Lucky To The Doc's
- Get Lucky from the eastern side of the map. You have a minute to get there.
- Get him to the hospital to the south, in 1 minute 50 seconds. Don't forget to lose the tail.
- Chase Duval and ram him until he stops.
- Maya has overdosed. You've got 55 seconds to get to her.
- You then have 1 minute 15 seconds to get her to the same hospital you took Lucky to. Busy night for them!
The Maddox Hit
- First you have to pick up the guys from the multistory car pack to the west of the map. Watch out for the cars inside it, unlike the car park in San Fransisco. You only have 1 minute and 40 seconds to get there, but don't worry about the police. For some reason, they won't follow you into the car park.
- Drive to the Chinese Theatre to the north of the map.
- Once the shooting has taken place, get the guys to the hideout to the south east. Make sure you lose the tail.
Lucky To The Crib
- You have 60 seconds to get to the pick up point, but it is only a few blocks away.
- Take the guys to a building in the south east where somebody will get shot.
- Take Lucky to the safe house in the residential area in the south of the city. Don't forget you'll need to lose the tail before you can finish.
The Beverly Hills Getaway
- You have 1 minute to pick up the guys from the north west corner of the map.
- Drop the guys off at the lockup to the south.
- When you get there, you'll see its a trap, so go to the safe house in the east instead.
The Test Run
- Simply get from the east of the map to the west as quickly as possible.
- Ignore any police tails you get, because you'll complete the mission anyway.
- First go and meet your contact in the north east. You have 3
minutes and 30 seconds.
- Drive down to Grand Central station in the south east, where you
make the switch.
- Go back to the place where you met your contact. Watch out for
the mystery unmarked cars, and the roadblocks if you've commited a few
Luther's Heap Of Junk
- Deliver the beaten up #FF0000 and white car to the drop off
point in the south of the city.
- Be careful because the car can't take much more damage.
- Watch out for a police car just as you get to the drop off point.
- Simply run Granger's driver off the road with the police car provided.
- You have 2 minutes, 40 seconds to pick up the guys from the bank
in the north west of the map.
- Drop them off at the safe house in the north east.
- Watch out for police road blocks.
Take A Cab
- Deliver a taxi from the north east to Brooklyn in the south west.
- Don't get into any trouble though, because the taxi can't take
Trash Granger's Wheels
- You have 2 minutes to get to the square with the big arch at the
front. When you spot Granger's car ram into him to take him out.
- Get back to the hotel. Don't forget to lose any police interest.
Take Out Granger's Boys
- Find each one of Granger's drivers and ram them off the road.
- Chase the car and ram him off the road to recover the negatives.
Rite Of Passage
- You have 4 minutes to get from Brooklyn in the far south east to
the north east of the map.
- You will not have much time to spare, so make sure you plan your
The Ali Situation
- Go and pick up Ali from the Office in the north west. You've got
2 minutes to get there.
- Return to your hotel, avoiding those unmarked cars.
The President's Run
- Get the president to the underground car park in the south east
corner of the map.
- Everybody is out to get you. Don't expect to complete this one
- Do it all again in Hard mode!
- If you are being pursued close to the end of the mission and the
arrow turns to an exclamation mark with the message "Lose the Tail",
try ramming the police car three or four times to disable it. If your
car is too damaged for this, try stopping with a lampost or something
between you and the police car.
- Police can also be disabled by reversing into them when they are
- The easiest way to lose police cars is to drive through the
oncoming traffic, weaving between them.
- If there is a police car in front of you, travelling in the same
direction, but you haven't been spotted yet, then either take a
different route (if there is time) otherwise, drive close enough for
it to spot you, but slow down when it does. Wait for it to turn one
way or the other, then blast past.
- Police cars will usually lose a game of chicken.
- When in San Fransisco, take advantage of the tram lines. Other
cars won't drive on these, so you can look at the map at little more
safely. Watch out for the trams though!
- Where ramming another car is called for, they will take the most
damage if you hit them from the side. If you can T-bone them at high
speed you can usually take them out in one hit.
- Avoid causing too much carnage when you are near to a pick up
point. If you have to go back the way you came, you don't really want
to have to avoid 17 car pileups!
- Cut the corners off junctions whenever possible...