My Dream Arcade
If I could turn back time and have my own amusement arcade, these are the top 10 machines I would have in it:
- Ghosts 'n Goblins - My favourite side scrolling adventure.
- Joust - Awesome two player action - watch out for the pterodactyl!
- Bubble Bobble - Top notch two player game play. I've never got to the end...
- Robotron: 2084 - Two joystick blast-fest.
- Defender - Stupidly hard, but so rewarding when you get it right.
- TX-1 - Three screen monster that filled your peripheral vision. Probably never be able to play it again...
- Mad Planets - Great shootemup. I only discovered this in MAME and played for years before I found out the ship could be rotated!
- Crystal Castles - Wierd, but very subtle gameplay...
- GTI Club - Good multiplayer driving fun with secret routes through the tracks.
- Gauntlet II - Four player cooperation to cause some arguments!